Romans 12:16 KJV
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
Let’s look at the definition for the word conceit
Merriam Webster Dictionary
Definition of conceit
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a: favorable opinionespecially : excessive appreciation of one’s own worth or virtue… the landlord’s conceit of his own superior knowledge …— Adam Smith
b(1): a result of mental activity : THOUGHT
(2): individual opinion
People that tend to mind high things or be wise in their own conceits can oftentimes exhibit similar characteristics of a person having a narcissistic personality disorder.
What are some of those characteristics?
What are narcissistic traits (characteristics)?
Healthcare providers diagnose NPD when you have at least five of the following characteristics:
- Overinflated sense of self-importance.
- Constant thoughts about being more successful, powerful, smart, loved or attractive than others.
- Feelings of superiority and desire to only associate with high-status people.
- Need for excessive admiration.
- Sense of entitlement.
- Willingness to take advantage of others to achieve goals.
- Lack of understanding and consideration for other people’s feelings and needs.
- Arrogant or snobby behaviors and attitudes.
You can read more on…https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/9742-narcissistic-personality-disorder
Yahusha showed us how we are to conduct ourselves to be pleasing to the Father. We don’t need pills to help us do right. Yahusha’s examples is all the treatment/medication we need to help us walk righteously before our Elohim.
Instead of thinking too highly of ourselves,
Let’s try being humble.
Instead of seeking to be in the company of those considered high & mighty,
Let’s try seeking the company of those considered lowly.
Instead of seeking to do our will, our own way,
Let’s try seeking to do the Father’s will, His way.
Pray at all times. Ask The Most High YAHUAH to reveal if you’re operating in a manner pleasing to HIM.
All praises to the Most High YAHUAH Forever!